To my sweet boy,
I can’t believe you are already turning 4! Time has flown by! I feel like every year will feel that way, especially since you are the baby in the family. We have shared many morning snuggles and late night leg rubs. If I could keep you & Emery as three-year olds I would. It has been such a fun year. Three is a time where you grow & gain just enough independence to make your mark.
You have been my little buddy while everyone was at school and at work. From car rides, library trips, park days to zoo days! We’ve had snuggle days where we cuddled in the blankets watching cartoons until one of us got hungry & days where an arm around each other made us feel better.
You’ve had your own bumps in the road to concur already, this up and coming year you will begin speech therapy at Emery’s school & at the Dr.’s. You are ready and excited! You don’t get upset when mommy teaches you, you just try harder. It’s the best attitude I could ask for.
You make me laugh everyday & let me kiss you a million times everyday. I know each kiss is special because your only going to be 3 & my little baby for a tiny glimpse in our life before you are a grown person.
Thank you for this wonderful year.
We all love you Carlos
Year in review
- You single-handedly started Sunday Doughnut Day (thank you)
- One time Dad was showing me a sticker and before I said anything you said, “That’s clean”. Dad & I just looked at each other and started laughing.
- You love giving yourself “tiger stripes”
- You have a big wind up when you run
- You learned how to draw faces this year. I was in disbelief that you drew the photo but everyone said you did it. Then you drew a face right in front of me. I couldn’t believe how great it was!
- Everyone who meets you loves you. You are a sweet & quiet little guy who loves to help
- For Halloween you wanted to be a “Tiger to scare your friends”.
- This year you have really come out of your shell and hug everyone. At great grandma and papa’s house you sit with them when they watch t.v.
- You are my Disney boy. Luckily Mommy & Daddy have been able to take you many times already. You love to go where your friends live 🙂
this is us missing Disneyland
- When your hungry you say, “I’m honey” & one of us will respond with, “hi honey“.
- “Dad stop. Stop Dad”. / “dop Dad”
- You started gymnastics this year!
- “Ladies first!” what a gentleman I have.
- You can spell your name and recognize letters in your name
- Papa has convinced you that Grandma bit his finger off. You have fallen victim to an old myth
- You & mommy have a joke that this otter is poop.
- You have a thing about lining things up. I love it.
- This year you got your very own big boy room! You did awesome sleeping in it and then not so awesome. Every night you sleep with mom and dad, but when you turn 4 the deal is you have to sleep in your room again. (I will sincerely miss you next to me).
- You had your first major road trip, 6 hours in the car! & you (&everyone else) were amazing!
- When we go to the park we play “Peoples” It’s like house. Your name is Dinosaur King (you made it up but it’s from a cartoon you watch called Dinosaur King) & I am always Suzzy Q. Sometimes you want to be a girl so we switch names.
- You went to The Grand Canyon in Arizona this year
Any time you see images of the Grand Canyon you always say you’ve been there. It makes me really happy that you remember going at such a little age and really enjoyed it!
- You visited The Hoover Dam in Nevada & Arizona (we crossed the border while we were there)
- & we visited the Route 66 Museum
You fell in love with a race car there
- You are so loving and sweet, you melt my heart daily
- If its time to leave somewhere you will go into a panic if Emery isn’t right next to you ready to go. No one left behind!
- “Mean yes”. If someone says “yeah” you are grammar control and quickly respond with, “mean yes”.
- EVER!!! (you mean NEVER!)
- When the cat meows you think he’s saying he wants to go back to Pet Smart to be with his friends
- Gerd. “I’m gerd mom”
- You love going over to Grandma Yvette’s house and playing with Serenity.
- You kept asking for waffles so Dad bought you a waffle maker special for you. Now mom is forced to make waffles at your will.
- Your newest thing is going slow motion. Sometimes it’s so slow I can barely see you moving!
- you hate naps. You despise naps. you LOATH naps. To mention the word is a sin.
- If you ever become a coffee addict blame your father.
- Favorite movie – Land Before Time 16 (no exaggeration) The Journey Of The Brave
- You still love Dinosaurs, Trains & Cars
- Favorite colors are – Red, blue & orange
- Favorite ice cream – strawberry & chocolate chip
- When you grow up – You want to be a cop
- Favorite animal – The bear at the Zoo
- favorite Food – Ice Cream. Cold Ice Cream to be exact.
- Best Friend – Mom (his words, I did not coerce him)
- Watching X Files with mama & saying, “dun, dun, duuuuun!” at the perfect time
- You are very good with your colors & putting colors together to make new colors. You love making purple.
- You told you Em, “watch & learn”. It made mommy laugh
- Your thing is fake spitting into each hand, rubbing hands together then blowing on your hands. Such a tough guy thing to do.
- You love going to the Library with Momma & you love to be read to
- Speaking of tough guy, you really wanting to punch a guy in the face, punch everyone and anyone if they do wrong to you! I told you to hide your tablet under the seat so the bad guys wouldn’t break into the car and get it, and ever since then you’ve talked about how if a bad man gets your tablet you’ll punch them!
- We call you the hype man. You always have a quick response.
- New favorite song is – HandClap
- Around August you decided you wanted to grow your hair out. You don’t want to cut it until your birthday, but as the day approaches I think you will keep it.
update – Two days before your birthday you got your first big boy hair cut at a salon. You were perfect! No more long hair for you! Mommy ran her fingers through your hair one last time before you got it chopped off. Now you look like such a big kid!
- You love fruit! Apples, bananas (bo-nanas!), blackberries, oranges & strawberries (strawbeddies)!
- The way you look at me. You give me this look sometimes & you’ve done it since you were a baby. It’s like you are looking at me and admiring me. It’s a look of love.