So much has happened since your last birthday! It was a year of friendships, independence, growth and learning. Before I start your year in review I want you to know how very proud Mommy & Daddy are of you! Daily you exceed our expectations.
I know you have only completed Kindergarten so far, but we hope you continue your education for many years and live a long healthy life that brings you joy. You have a drive in you like I have never seen in anyone else. We only see a bright future for you and while I don’t want you to grow up anymore than you already have, Everyone can’t wait to see who you will become. Happy Birthday Emery, we love you so much!
Emery’s year in review
You started Kindergarten
& completely nailed it!
You were in a winter performance & end of the school year talent show (Ariel’s Under The Sea song and dance)
You made new friendships
You had your first field trip to the Fresno Chaffee Zoo
We went to Disneyland for Halloween!
As a family we started Vlogging on YouTube. Whenever we go some where, Mom is forced to capture the moments! (I say forced because I always kick myself for never bringing the camera. Vlogging makes sure I do it!).
We went on a few snow trips to the Sequoia National Forest
We took a trip to San Jose & went to The Children’s Discovery Museum! It was mommy’s favorite museum as a kid & I was so excited to take you two!
We went to Zoo Lights with Aunty Brandi & had a blast!
Your favorite days were spirit days at school.
[Halloween, Crazy hair & favorite decade]
Mommy got to dress up with you and help paint nails on Carnival day at school
We made a gingerbread house for the first time (& possibly last time)
Because you did so well in school & were Student Of The Month, you got to go on an extra special field trip to the movies to see Angry Birds.
You said good-bye to Mrs. Jasso’s Kinder class
& you took one last school photo with some friends
& some school friends came over a week later to wish you a happy 6th birthday!
& here are all the memorable things you did & said while you were 5:
- Driving by, The Island car-wash and Emery said, “The Island” [ME: “Very good Emery!”] Emery: “What did you think I was going to say? Is land?” [ME: :|]
- Favorite color: Yellow
- Favorite Cartoon: Hotel Transylvania 2
- Favorite Holiday: “Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Family Day & also that green Day … leprechaun Day”
- You did most cartwheels in your gymnastic’s class (25!) for Cartwheel-a-thon
- You want to be a Scientist when you grow up
- “Whats cooking homie“
- You love family movie night
- Favorite Disneyland ride: Star Tours & Storyland (the boat ride that starts off by going in Monstro’s mouth)
- You love tea, especially on a cold night Dad will make you chamomile with honey
- You love chili
- Instead of “la cucaracha” you sing it, “Sriracha, sriracha!”
- “Carlos I need some space to myself real quick, then we’ll be cool“
- Mc Donald’s #2 is your favorite
- You love to put on your pink lipstick on. Sometimes a dark pink and a light pink mixture.
- “What’s that whale’s name in Pinocchio? Nostrol?“
- You love to watch make-up tutorials & cosplay tutorials.
- Every night you sleep with a stuffed animal. (mommy & daddy love it)
- You know where Grandma’s peanut stash is and either ask her for some when you visit or let her know she needs to buy some more
- You love Tim Burton’s work. Your newest find – Beetlejuice
- You learned how to ride your bike in Dec. inside the house with no training wheels!
- you love to make “potion” with your shampoo
- You cut the top of your hair right before school started
- “What kind of animal is this” – something I don’t want to think about every night at dinner
- “Chocolate chips are the most important part of cookies” – Emery